- Reviewing and assessing candidates for directorships (including executive directorships) before making recommendations to the Board of Directors of STA for the appointment of Directors.
- Reviewing and recommending nominations for appointment, re-appointment or re-election or renewal of appointment of the Directors having regard to the Director’s contribution and performance.
- Determining annually whether or not a Director is independent.
- Deciding whether or not a Director is able to and has been adequately carrying out his duties as a director.
Certain factors considered by the Nomination Committee in order to carry out their responsibilities above include:
- independence of mind;
- capability of the individual and how it meets the needs of the Company and simultaneously complements the skill set of the other Board members;
- experience and track record as directors in other companies; and
- ability to commit time and effort toward discharging his responsibilities as a Director.